Jan 11, 2014

Holy Spirit

To be honest this was one of the hardest weeks for me. Not because our teacher, Paul Richards, was not good at bringing the point across, more because I didn't feel like I was learning much of anything. For me this week, was more about the little things and so this post might jump all over the place.

- When I am struggling, God will bring people around me that have overcome that obstacle so that I can learn how to overcome it as well.
- God likes details, he doesn't want to leave things in general terms.
- Am I open to God leading me in new directions?
- Do I believe that God can move right where I am and in what I am doing?

Keep your eyes on the destination you want to reach. If you want to reach Jesus look to him, if you want to reach the next best paying job or a good relationship look in that direction. What you choose to follow is where you will end up. What am I looking at and where do I want to go?

There are times in life where God will draw us away from where we are in order to teach us new things. In his goodness, he know that it is very difficult for us to learn certain lessons of life in our present environments. For example, in my life the things I am learning here on DTS I would not have been able to learn at home. I love the people at home, don't get me wrong, but in an environment of people who didn't know you beforehand and who are all desiring to grow in God in their own ways it has been much easier for me to be open. Don't think that you have to do a DTS in order to grow in God. DTS is what has worked best for me but, I have experienced change that does not require a fifteen hour plane ride. Every person is unique in the ways they interact with others, so trust God to speak to you in any and every situation.

Thank you for reading, I know this post was a little different.

If you would like to support me in prayer or finances, email me at amyt.dr@gmail.com and I can give you details about how you can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment