Dec 20, 2013

Missions

     What is missions? It is a strategic and intentional effort to share the Gospel and see people come into a place where they desire to worship God. It is not a once in a lifetime event for a few days, weeks, or months. Missions is meant to be a lifestyle.
    For someone who grew up on the mission field you think I would understand my role by now. But, I still struggled with what my anointing (what I am set apart for) was and now I know the answer, it's been staring me straight in the face for my whole life. What is my anointing? Well, it's the same as yours if you think about it and it's found in Mark 16:15 - "And then he told them, 'Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." I am anointed for what lots of us like to call the Great Commission. So is everyone else on this planet, but each one of us has a different calling within this anointing.
    Some are called to be pastors, counselors, teachers, or people who go out and tell others about Jesus whom they may have not heard of before. I'm still trying to figure out my calling, but I know I don't need "all my ducks in a row" before I can be available to God and what He is wanting to do. All I have to do is surrender completely to God (all my plans, dreams, and wishes), and allow Him to move. Believe me that can be a lot harder than it sounds, but more on that in Lordship week. I just need to stop focusing on me, and start focusing on God. (Can I get an "Amen?" hahaha). I do know part of my calling, or at least the areas of the world for which God has given me a heart. I have been given a heart for the people: in North America, Oceania, and Europe, along with those who have never heard about God.
    What am I going to do when I am there? I want to follow in Abraham's footsteps in leaving wells of water behind for the people who come after me. I want to leave behind wells of blessing, so that when others go there they will see a difference even generations later. So I'd like to ask you to join me in this challenge: do you know what you are leaving behind? In your workplace, in your relationships with friends and family, at your church (if you go to one), with your loved ones (spouses and children), what impact are you having in/on their lives? Do you and I believe that the message that we have heard is true? If so, are we willing to encourage others and lovingly show them when they do something wrong (Titus 1:9)?

    Thank you for reading and for your prayers as I continue to learn and seek God. He is a great God!

If you would like to support me let me know and I will email you information!

No comments:

Post a Comment