Jan 3, 2016

A New Year

   This Christmas and New Year's season was... different. I celebrated Christmas day with 500 people from all around the world, though it started off in my house having breakfast and opening stockings with my house-mates. Then on New Year's eve it was a normal work day before gathering a bunch of friends for a small party at my house where we played games, had a dance party, and swapped stories before going off to watch the fireworks.
   For New Year's day I opted for a day off. I spent the majority of the day reading, puttering around an empty house, and enjoying the quiet. As the evening approached and I contemplated some of the events that had taken place in 2015, I wanted company. I sat on a swing set and came upon the realization that I missed my family. I missed how we celebrated the holidays together and all of our little traditions, such as watching the Muppet's Christmas Carol and eating cheese fondue. I missed them for the way we interact together and how each one of us are so different. I missed them because they were my family.
   We may be spread between four nations, but we manage. I love them all! Thank you Jesus for blessing me with such a great family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment